Needless to say, these jobs demand no special skills or any experience. To qualify for these jobs, you just need the following:
1. A computer
2. An internet connection
3. Little creativity can be a bonus
4. Some curiosity will surely help
5. Expressing your true opinion, is must
Some companies require testers to give live feedback to an analyst. Testers connect to a server using some software; they then start testing a website and give their opinion using a microphone and webcam. Tester’s role is of a commentator and the analyst will be the listener. The analyst then creates a report, which is based on all the information that he gathers from different testers. Website owners then use this report to make the necessary improvements in their websites. Your role in this process ends after you finish giving your opinion to the analyst, though. You do not take any part in creation of the report.
1. Design and overall website look
2. Usability test; your goal is to browse through different pages in the website and check all the main features. You will then comment on how easy it is to find the information, which the user is looking for. You will also test how good the navigation links are.
3. Content quality is one of the main ingredients for a successful website. In some testing jobs, you will be required to check the quality of content in different pages. If the website is about “Cooking Tips”, then how good is the content? Are the recipes worth trying? How well is the content written? Is that content interesting or is it boring?
Some companies do not require live feedback. They will send the website URL and other details to your email address. You will test the website for a specific time-period. You will write the feedback in a file, which you will then send by email to the company.
Website testing job usually pays well. There are no fixed rates, though. The money you can earn depends on the amount of work you are given and the company for whom you are working. Additionally, you can make more money if you become a trustworthy tester. If you complete the first few jobs with honesty and provide some vital information, your rank as a tester will increase. The more rank you have, the more money you can make.
Can you do website testing as a full-time job?
Consider this opportunity more of a part-time job. Website testing jobs are a real deal but you cannot depend on them for making a full-time income.
Below are 11 sites/companies where you can get website usability testing jobs: